You want to learn how to make a quick and easy beef stir-fry noodle dish? Look no further. Here’s a simple, yet delicious recipe my family has been using for years! You’re essentially just throwing the ingredients together and frying it in a wok.
What is it:
This dish consists of egg noodles that are fried in a wok with beef and various vegetables. It’s a simple dish that originated in China. I like to use pre-made egg noodles and mix them with various meats and vegetables. Aside from using egg noodles, I often add beef, beansprouts, pak choi, garlic and onions to my stir-fry. But this highly depends on the vegetables I have available.
Because egg noodle stir-fry is a simple and easy dish to make, you can use most vegetables and meat to accompany it, such as:
- Char siew
- Pak choi
- Bean sprouts
Why I like this beef stir-fry:
Egg noodle stir-fry is one of the simplest, yet tastiest dishes to cook. I prefer making my own egg noodle stir-fry because I can add all the ingredients I like. When I get this dish from a Chinese Takeaway, it always seems westernised and has ingredients in it that I’m not too fond of.
Coming from a Chinese household, I feel like oyster sauce is definitely a condiment that is under appreciated. It has this really unique taste that can really change your dish. I like adding it to the stir-fry – it gives it a darker colour and makes it taste amazing!
Hints and Tips:
- After you cook the egg noodles, you should immediately drain them and cool them with cold water. This stops the residual heat from cooking the noodles further.
- If you want to stop the eggs noodles from sticking to each other, add a few drops of oil to the drained noodles.
- If you don’t want overcooked beef/meat, cook the sliced meat first and then leave it on a separate plate. Add the beef to the stir-fry once everything else has been cooked and mixed.
Similar dishes include:
Beef Stir-FryCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
3 egg noodle cakes (around 180g)
1 medium onion
2 garlic cloves
200g bean sprouts
1 chicken stock cube
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 small carrot
toasted sesame seeds
1 green vegetable (e.g. bak choi, cabbage etc.)
- Beef Marinade
1 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp corn flour
2 tsp rice wine
- Beef Marinade
- Cut the beef into thin strips.
- Prepare the marinade by mixing the light soy sauce, sesame oil, corn flour and rice wine together.
- Add the beef to the marinade and leave for 30 minutes.
- Cut the bak choi into 2cm pieces and julienne the carrot.
- Slice the brown onion.
- Crush two cloves of garlic.
- Boil water and add egg noodle cakes. Cook for 8 minutes and then drain.
Tip 1: I like to rinse the cooked noodles under cold water to stop them from cooking in their residual heat
Tip 2: I also add a couple of drops of oil into the drained noodles to stop them from sticking
- Heat up two tablespoons of cooking oil in a frying pan/wok.
- Fry garlic and onion until just browned.
- Add the beef and stir-fry for two minutes.
- Add the bean sprouts, bak choi and julienne carrot. Stir-fry for further three minutes.
- Add the egg noodles and oyster sauce and mix thoroughly for another two minutes.
- Serve the stir-fry and garnish with sesame seeds. Enjoy 🙂