Super Simple Stuffed Bell Peppers With Shrimp And Shiitake Mushrooms
This is a super easy shrimp stuffed bell peppers recipe. It’s the perfect appetiser or side dish and a family favourite! Using just 10 ingredients, these stuffed peppers are ready to be served in just 30 minutes.
How To Make Shrimp Stuffed Bell Peppers
To make these shrimp stuffed peppers, firstly cut the peppers into small shallow cups and remove all the seeds.
For the stuffing, you’ll need:
Light soy sauce
Black or white pepper
Alternative Stuffing Ideas
Pork/Beef – You could use minced pork/beef instead of shrimp for the stuffing.
More Vegetables – you could add vegetables, such as Chinese Leaf when blending the stuffing together
Chilli – If you like your meals spicy, you could add either real chilli or chilli flakes.
Alternatives To Bell Peppers
Long sweet peppers
These are all great alternatives to using bell peppers. The process is the same: Simply create “shallow” cups and then place the stuffing inside before frying both sides for 10-15 minutes on medium heat.
How To Store Shrimp Stuffed Bell Peppers
These stuffed bell peppers are best served fresh. However, if you do have leftovers, you can simply store them in the fridge in an airtight container for a maximum of 2 days.
What To Serve With Stuffed Peppers
This delicious dish can be served as either an appetiser or as a side to a main meal. As an appetiser, you can serve them with this super simple Indian Cucumber Salad or Beef Lettuce Wraps.
Hints and Tips To Make The Best Stuffed Bell Peppers
When cooking the shrimp and mushroom stuffed peppers, don’t fry them at too high heat, otherwise the top layer will be golden brown before the inside is fully cooked.
Ensure you fry both sides of the peppers. This will help the inside stuffing cook evenly.
More Delicious Appetisers
Final Thoughts On These Shrimp And Mushroom Stuffed Peppers
These delicious stuffed peppers are definitely worth a try! They are so easy to make and are the perfect appetiser or side dish to a main meal.
Shrimp And Mushroom Stuffed PeppersDifficulty: Easy
3 shiitake mushrooms
2 garlic cloves
1 spring onion
2 tbsp soya sauce
½ tsp sugar
1-2 tbsp corn flour
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp black or white pepper
3 bell peppers
- Mince the garlic.
- Slice the spring onion into 1 inch pieces.
- Cut bell peppers lengthways into small shallow cups and remove the seeds
- Cut the shiitake mushrooms into smaller pieces.
- Add prawns, shiitake mushroom, garlic and spring onions into a blender. Blend this into a paste.
- Add pepper, light soy sauce, sesame oil and cornstarch to the paste and mix this thoroughly.
- Stuff the shallow bell pepper cups with prawn paste and flatten into the cup.
- In some oil, fry the stuffed peppers at medium heat on both sides for 10-15 minutes or until cooked. The prawn paste should be golden brown and the back of the peppers should be slightly blistered.
- (Optional) Serve with some dark soy sauce or chilli oil.